Partner at the firm Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
Municipal Liability; Commercial Litigation; Construction, Engineering, Surety and Fidelity; Health Sector Services; Defense and Security Industry; Defamation and Media Law
University of Ottawa, Bachelor of Laws, magna cum laude
Carleton University, Bachelor of Arts
Bruce Carr-Harris is a partner in the Ottawa Office. Bruce received a Bachelor of Arts from Carleton University and a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Ottawa, Magna Cum Laude. He was called to the Bar of the Province of Ontario in 1977.
Areas of Practice
Bruce practises as General Counsel in civil litigation with a strong emphasis on public law, defamation, construction litigation, product liability, commercial litigation, professional liability, intellectual property and commercial litigation, including oppression remedies, injunctions, insurance litigation, franchise disputes. His dispute resolution practice also includes domestic and international arbitrations. Bruce has made many appearances as counsel in all courts in the Province of Ontario, the Federal Court of Canada and the Supreme Court of Canada.
Rankings and Recognitions
· Law Society Medal recipient, 2012
· Recognized as the 2013 Ottawa Administrative and Public Law Lawyer of the Year by The Best Lawyers in Canada
· Recognized in the 2012 edition of Chambers Global - The World's Leading Lawyers for Business (Dispute Resolution: Ontario)
· Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in Canada 2013 (Administrative and Public Law; Bet-the-Company Litigation; Corporate and Commercial Litigation; Insurance Law; Legal Malpractice Law)
· Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rating
· Recognized in Benchmark Canada - The Definitive Guide to Canada's Leading Litigation Firms & Attorneys (Commercial Litigation; Construction Litigation; Intellectual Property; Product Liability)
· Recognized in the 2012 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory (Litigation - Corporate Commercial; Litigation - Directors' & Officers' Liability; Litigation - Commercial Insurance; Professional Liability)
· Appeared as counsel at the Royal Commission of Inquiry on the Blood System in Canada, the Commission of Inquiry into the Deployment of Canadian Forces in Somalia, and the Commission of Proceedings involving Guy Paul Morin.
· Appeared as counsel for Canadian Olympic Committee at numerous sporting and team selection arbitrations.
Professional and Community Activities
World Exchange Plaza100 Queen Street, Suite 1100Ottawa, ON K1P 1J9, (City of Ottawa)Canada
Phone: 613.787.3505Fax: 613.230.8842
Disclaimer: No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers. The testimonial or endorsement does not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter. Any result that the endorsed lawyer or law firm may achieve on behalf of one client in one matter does not necessarily indicate that similar results can be obtained for other clients. Past success cannot be an assurance of future success because each case must be decided on its own merits. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Martindale-Hubbell® does not undertake to develop a Client Review Rating or Peer Review Rating for all firms and/or lawyers. Therefore, the fact that a firm or lawyer has not been reviewed should not be construed as unfavorable. Martindale-Hubbell accepts no responsibility for and will not be liable for the content and accuracy of the individual Reviews and the aggregated Reviews.
Disclaimer: The information provided on Lawyers.com is not legal advice, Lawyers.com is not a lawyer referral service, and no lawyer-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The lawyer listings on Lawyers.com are paid lawyer advertisements and do not in any way constitute a referral or endorsement by Lawyers.com or any approved or authorized lawyer referral service. Your access to and use of this site is subject to additional Terms and Conditions.